About this blog

This blog looks at how families express themselves and provides practical suggestions for improving communication.  Of course, "effective" and "improving" are value-laden terms, so while you may not agree with each of my suggestions, I do hope you'll keep stopping by to find the nuggets that work for you and those you love.  As you find ideas of value, please share this page with others.

NOTE: On the right-hand side of this page, click on "Follow Me On Twitter" and you will receive an update each time I post to this blog.  Also, click on "Receive Our 'Effective Family Communication' Newsletter" and you'll be added to our mailing list.


Thursday, September 29, 2011

Laughter – The End of the Story

This post is actually a follow-up to my Effective Family Communication newsletter that will be published tomorrow (confusing, I know, but such is the world of automated e-mail).  [Sign up for my monthly newsletters by clicking on this link.]

Laughter is the best medicineDeath by laughter is the subject of much debate (perhaps not in your circles, but on the Internet virtually any topic is the subject of much debate).  Snopes, the website dedicated to determining whether commonly reported stories are true, has a page entitled “The Last Laugh’s on Him.”  It corroborates the story about English bricklayer, Alex Mitchell, who died while laughing at the TV show The Goodies.

Wikipedia, on its page entitled “Death from Laughter,” notes that Mitchell’s widow sent a letter to The Goodies thanking those involved for making her husband’s final moments happy ones.  I’m all for feedback, but really?

Anyway, as I say in my newsletter, my view of the subject can be summarized as: “Laughter, It’s Worth the Risk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment